Thursday, February 23, 2006

Still going....

Well, tomorrow it will be 3 weeks...with the rest of my life ahead of me. I haven't had a smoke for 3 WEEKS!!! Although I was tempted this weekend while coaching my club team. Man can those girls give you a friggin' heart attack!!

They like to start every game down by, oh lets say 4-8 points before they start playing. Lets not forget, if they get up by 7 or 8, they feel the need to allow the opposing team to get back into the game with a couple of bad passes, tentative hits, missed serves, etc... I think they are afraid to win. Silly as it sounds, they are downright afraid to win a game outright.

At practice last night, after a passing drill, I asked them what the difference was between the drill and a game. "In the game we can lose!". In practice, I can make you run...until I'm tired. I don't get tired of watching!(I wouldn't do that, but you get my drift.) Then came a discussion between myself and another coach: What makes passing the first ball of a game any different than the last? Its the same ball, moves the same way, bounces the same, same people playing it. Whats the difference? I think it comes down to their mentallity, and being afraid to win. Like I have tried to tell them all year:

IF YOU ARE AFRAID TO FAIL, YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home