Monday, February 13, 2006

Turn out the lights....smokings over!!

I know I know...a little premature? No I honestly don't think so. You know what I'm talking about...smoking. Its been over a week now since my last cigarette(I'll call them by their real name now, they don't scare me anymore!).

I can honestly say I have no desire to smoke. I feel so much better, I don't smell anymore-as a side note, I can now tell which of my customers do smoke, and I'm suprised by some of them, but I digress-I sleep better too! I did use the patch, notice the past tense did, until last Wednesday. I got up that morning and went to the gym like normal. When I got out of the shower, and went to put on the patch....no patch in the gym bag. "Oh well", I thought and went about my day. My wife called about 9 am and asked me how I was doing and I said fine...and by the way I forgot my patch this morning, she freaked. You would have thought she was the one trying to quit! "Do you want me to bring it to you!! Are you going to be ok?!?!?!"

"I'm fine dear, its 9 o'clock and this is actually the first time I've thought of it."(is it just coincidence she was the one I was talking to while thinking about it? is she the cause of my smoking in the first place? no she's not, I'm just trying to make a funny!) Thats when I knew it was over, I suppose. When I didn't need the day laborers anymore, I fired their asses!! Man did that feel good!!!

I still think about cigarettes every once in a while, but I casually divert my attention elsewhere without a problem and trod on. I think this will be somewhat like alcoholics...once an alcoholic always an alcoholic. Terrible comparison, but I want you to understand what I'm talking about. I'll always think about smoking, but I won't do it again. I feel too good right now!! Will I fall off the non-smoking wagon? Probably, I am human you know. As long as I can hop back on the wagon with no effort that will be fine. The real trick however is.....once I'm on the wagon(like I am now), I better not fall off at all!!!

To those of my friends and family who might read this blog I thank you for your continued support, and not laughing at me when I told you I was going to quit, well, except for one friend who called me a quitter. I'm pretty sure he was joking. Thanks for asking about it, and encouraging me(even though some of the encouragement was through violence) to keep at it at all times. I couldn't have done this without my wife's support either. She left me alone, never talked about it unless I started the conversation, and that was awsome..I love her sooo much.

Well, I'm tired of typing.. think I'll go have a cigarrette...Just kidding!! I now chew starburst candies like nothing..I'd buy some of their stock, but I would spend more on the candies than the stock would be worth...losing propostition.

L8r

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home