Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It's going ok.....I think

Well, week one down of my road to quitting the "habit". I did pretty good last week. I only bought two packs of smokes, cut down to 1/2 pack per day, then the weekend rolled around.

We had a party on Saturday night for my wife's 35th birthday. It was a wig party. You were required to wear a wig to get. That post, along with pictures, will be up here soon. But I digress...Saturday I did ok, still under a pack. Sunday I had to get up early to make a 2 hour drive for a volleyball tournament we played in(took second), and I broke down. Had about a whole pack. DAMNIT!!!!!!!

Yesterday I went to see Bear, my "coach" and told him all that happened. He didn't seem too discouraged. The things I told him I have been doing to keep the monster at bay were good, and seemed as if I was well on my way. He also gave me patches, gum, and losenges(sp?). Today I put on the patch, after a smoke, and I haven't had a "craving" since.

This crap is all mental. Is there a physical addiction? More than likely, but its more mental than anything. I find myself wanting a monster(smoke) at times and I direct my attention elsewhere. Sometimes it works for 10 minutes, sometimes and hour or more. I believe I'm doing very well. I've been up since 5 am and have only had the one monster.

I sure would like to have one now, don't ask me why cuz I couldn't tell you. I'm not going to have one though, I've got the patch on. Bear says its like a "day laborer". It does the work(smoking) so you don't have to. I think he may be right. Hopefully I'll be able to fire the "day laborer" and slay the "monster" very soon.......I've got some good ammo for that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home