Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I Love where I live!

On January 7th, I got together with three other guys and we played volleyball. No big deal, except we PLAYED OUTSIDE IN THE SAND!!!! It was a balmy 70 degrees in Colorado that day....very unusual, but welcome! The weather here has been strange most all winter. The mountains are getting a TON of snow. In the meantime all we get is wind! Well, we are also getting some pretty mild temperatures.

My only gripe is I wish it would rain. Sure the snow pack will create a bunch of water for next spring/summer, but I don't want to water my landscaping while it January(although I did so last Friday).

Why I love this place is for the reason above....70 in January. Most people think when you live near the Rocky Mountains you have snow all winter long...not true. We get snow sure, but it usually melts within a week or a little longer. These temps allow me to take advantage of the days and play ball with my friends, or take the dog and kid for a walk(don't worry, the leash I use for the kid doesn't go around her neck!). Hopefully it will stay nice for a while, my wife is going to start training for a marathon this week. The marathon is in May. I think the woman is crazy personally, but I am proud she does it! Its a great accomplishment for one of her age!(35).

Well, enough rambling for now. Hopefully something funny/exciting/horrible will happen before the next blog. Sorry I'm not a conspiracy theorist, environmental wacko, or anything of the sort to create interesting reading. This is just my chance to keep a little journal for myself and hopefully(eventually), entertain some folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home