Monday, March 05, 2012

Crowded House

Well, I normally don't do this, but Mr. From The Bungalow got me to thinking. A writing challenge. As you can see its been a LOOOONG time since I've done any "blogging"(nothing in my head I believe worth sharing), but here it goes...a music challenge, a song. The song that always sticks with me is one by Crowded House, "She Goes On".

In her soft wind I will whisper,
In her warm sun I will glisten, ...

This song was playing when my wife and I went camping, on her first trip to meet my parents in Missouri. We went camping by the Lake of the Ozarks. Small 2 man tent and my old S10 Blazer. Listening to this song, dancing, the moment I realized I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this wonderful woman. Share her dreams and mine together for a lifetime...

Owe it all to Frank Sinatra...

New York, New York to be exact. The first night we met, that's the song that got me to dancing with her, that led to the wonderful life we have together now...

Pretty soon you'll be able to remember her...

It also remind me of Grandparents. They were happily married for over 60 years, something I hope my wife and I can achieve as well. I have never seen love like my Grandfather had for my Grandmother. It was pure, undying, everlasting...I could go on but I think you get the point.

Till we see her once again,
In a world without end....

When my Grandmother passed, I made the 12 hour car trip(in about 10) home. The first place I went was my Grandparents house. I walked in, and all my Grandfather could say was, "She's gone Chris, what will I do now?" He reason for existence was my Grandmother. With the exception of WWII, I don't know that they ever spent more than one night apart.

And she goes on...

I was there the day my Grandfather took his last, peaceful breath in Hospice care 2 years after Grandma had passed. The day before, when he was still somewhat lucid he told us,"I'm going to see Grandma, I miss her so much"...


Not real good with links, but this is the song...

4 Comments:

Blogger Viva La Vida said...

Beautiful! I hope that my future grandkids can say the same about us!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Currie Rose said...

I love this! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful and heartfelt story. I hope if I ever find my happily ever afters, that they resemble something like your Grandparents.

Have a lovely evening,
Currie

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, this is a very sweet post. The song compliments your words so well, and vice versa. My heart aches a little for your grandpa, but I'm glad he knew he was going home, as it were, to his wife. Thanks for sharing this part of your story.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thank you all for the kind words. The song always brings a smile to my face, and happy memories of my Grandparents(as well as my wife:) ).

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home